AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 users can now also enjoy the KitKat on their beautiful smartphones. Although Samsung is ready to release the update over-the-air, we hear AT&T is not yet. So while we wait, here is how to update Galaxy S4 i337 to Android 4.4.2 leaked UCUFMLD KitKat firmware. This leaked firmware update is “official” but not yet released officially.
Pre-reqs to update Galaxy S4 i337 to Android 4.4.2 UCUFMLD leaked:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 I337 to Android 4.4.2 UCUFMLD:
Files required: download the leaked UCUFMLD Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS4 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Open PA on Odin. It will open a new window.
- From that window, locate the leaked Android 4.4.2 UCUFMLD file and click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.