It is a good idea to ask friends or relatives for recommendations on choosing a home inspector.
- Request and verify the inspector’s complete business name, address and telephone number. Do not accept a post office box number without a street address.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau in the area where the inspector’s business is located to see whether any complaints have been filed against the company. Ask about any unresolved cases and how long the inspector has been in business under the current name.
- Ask to see the inspector’s business license and verify with your county or city business license department that it is valid.
- Check the records at the local magistrate, state and superior courts for any claims that may have been filed against the inspector or company.
- Ask whether the inspector is a member of a professional or trade association with a code of ethics and a process to arbitrate disputes.
- Compare prices by getting written, itemized estimates or bids from several inspectors.
- Be cautious if an inspector tries to pressure you into quickly signing a contract.
- Do not automatically choose the least expensive inspector.
7Homeinspections 7homeinspections.com I would highly recommend if you are in the Twin Cities Minnesota area. Call 612-401-3638