Perform a reset of the Acer Liquid Z3 to fix issues like battery drain. Restoring to factory settings You may perform a clean boot to restore your smartphone to the factory settings. If your phone is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Application menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone and then Erase everything to format your phone. FAQ and troubleshooting :
- Why is there no sound coming from the device? Solution: If the headset is plugged into the device, the speaker is automatically shut off. Disconnect the headset.Check that the device volume setting is not muted. Check that the volume control is not at its lowest setting
- Why can’t I view my video files? Solution: You may be trying to view a video that is not supported. Refer to “Multimedia” on page 51.
- Why can’t I play my music files? Solution: You may be trying to play a file that is not supported. Refer to “Multimedia” on page 51.
- How do I check the OS version of my device? Solution: Tap Settings > About phone to check the OS version (Build number) and other hardware and software information.
- I can’t turn on the device. Solution: The battery power may be depleted. Recharge the device. Refer to “Charging the battery” on page 7 for more information.
- How do I check the RAM and ROM memory status? Solution: To check the ROM status, tap Settings > Storage. While for To check RAM status, tap Settings > Apps > RUNNING.
- My device’s available internal storage is full or almost full. Solution: Uninstall applications to increase available storage. See “Uninstalling an application” on page 43.
- I forgot my unlock pattern. Solution: After a certain number of wrong entries, you will be presented with an option to reset your pattern. Tap Forgot pattern? and enter your google account username and password. Note: You must have an active Google account on the smartphone. Alternatively, you restore your smartphone to factory settings. See “Restoring to factory settings” on page43.
- The phone heats up when charging or making long duration calls. Solution: It is normal for the phone to heat up when charging. When charging is complete, it will return to its normal temperature. It is also normal for the phone to heat up during long periods of use, such as watching a video or a long phone conversation.