Here is a list of Government apps. We are in the Mobile device era so it is no surprise that even Government agencies are starting to release apps for their services.
NASA’s ‘Earth Now’App Now Available for Android
Mobile Products from HUD
The Department of Housing and Urban Development has two apps that can help citizens learn about their housing rights, locate housing counselors and file housing discrimination complaints. The HUD Counselor Locator App allows smartphone and tablet users to locate housing counselors in their own area who can help
- distressed homeowners avoid foreclosure and obtain more favorable modifications.
- home buyers determine if they are ready for homeownership, and connect them with safer and more affordable mortgages.
- displaced families find alternate housing in the wake of natural disaster
The Housing Discrimination Complaint Application app provides the public with a quick and easy way to learn about their housing rights and to file housing discrimination complaints.
Constitution App from the Library of Congress
The Library of Congress recently released The U.S. Constitution: Analysis and Interpretation app, an iOS version of the “Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation.” This is a comprehensive analytical legal treatise prepared by attorneys of the Congressional Research Service at the direction of the United States Senate and issued as Senate Document No. 112-9. The new app and improved web publication makes the nearly 3,000-page “Constitution Annotated” more accessible to more people and enable updates of new case analysis three or four times each year. This app:
- Delivers the full text of “Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation”
- Contains a clause-by-clause discussion of the entire Constitution
- Discusses all Supreme Court cases and selected historical documents relevant to interpreting the Constitution
- Lists all federal, state, and local laws struck down by the Supreme Court, and all cases where the Court overturned its prior precedent
- Contains a table of contents, table of cases, and an index
Healthy Swimming App