Need a new Wireless identity? Before you change your wireless phone number, it’s important to understand the following:
- The fee is $36 for a wireless number change.
- Your contract terms won’t change.
- Your number change takes effect immediately.
- After you change your number, you’ll need to log out of myAT&T and log back in. If your User ID is your wireless number, you’ll use your new wireless number to log in.
- Callers dialing your previous number hear the following message: The number you dialed is not a working number, please check the number and dial again. AT&T doesn’t offer a feature to provide callers with your new number.
- Your voicemail box is deleted, including your saved messages and greetings. Please write down any information you want to keep.
- Your myAT&T online account and *Services will only provide usage for your new wireless number.
- Some of your existing features, such as TXT-2-PAY, Parental Controls, and the National Do Not Call Registry require re-registration for your new phone number.