You may have issues if your device:
- Doesn’t turn on the touchscreen, despite pressing and holding the power key
- Begins to load but restarts or shuts down before the loading process completes
- Is very hot when you first use it, and doesn’t cool down quickly.
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Perform a soft reset.A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be interfering with your device’s ability to turn on completely.
- From the home screen, press and hold the Power key and the Home key.
- Release the Power key and the Home key when the Apple logo appears.
- Your Apple iPad mini restarts.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
- Verify that your Apple iPad mini is not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your Apple iPad mini to be sure it’s not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- If your Apple iPad mini is overheating, swollen or damaged, find the nearest Apple repair center or Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a technician can check out your device.
- Verify that your Apple iPad mini is fully charged.If the battery charge is low, it may prevent your Apple iPad mini from turning on completely.
- Connect your Apple iPad mini to the charger that came with it.
- While charging, verify that the charging indicator displays.
- If the indicator doesn’t display, the battery or the charger may not be working properly. A Sprint technician can identify the issue and discuss a solution.
- Please find the nearest Apple or Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment.
If you’re still having issues, find the nearest Apple or Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can check out your device.