- “No one can stop Death.”
- – Malthael
|Diablo III: Reaper of Souls|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing game, hack and slash|
|Mode(s)||Singleplayer (Internet connection required), Multiplayer|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Playstation 3, Playstation 4|
|Media||DVD, Digital download|
|Input methods||Keyboard, mouse|
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is the first expansion to Diablo III. It was announced at Gamescon, August 21st 2013, and continues the story from Diablo III after a brief period of peace. Blizzard would like to bring the game to consoles as well, but there are no concrete plans to do so at this point in time.As of September 2013, Blizzard has yet to decide whether to offer a collector’s edition of the game.
New features announced at Gamescon include:
- New class: The Crusader. Inspired by the Paladin fromDiablo II, the Crusader is a Holy Warrior that fights in melee to medium range.
- New act: A fifth chapter in the Diablo III storyline will be added, taking place mainly in Westmarch.
- New antagonist: Malthael, formerly the Archangel of Wisdom, returns as the Angel of Death.
- Raised level cap and unlimited Paragon Levels: Level up to level 70 and keep leveling with the removal of the cap of Paragon levels. Paragon levels are also account wide, and give special points to distribute among your characters stats as you see fit
- Loot 2.0: Lower amount of drops, but drops are more frequently usable for your class.
- Different end-game: Introducing loot runs, a 15-20 min random dungeon to clear for loot.
- Followers: No new followers will be introduced to the game, but existing followers will gain extra background and side-quests.
- Artisans: Transmorgification: The Mystic artisan returns with her transmorgification services. Like Followers, Artisans will likewise have their backstories expanded.