To Open Back Cover: Hold with your left hand while face the Desire X down. You will see a small hole in the back cover that you can open with your finger (see the image), Pull out gently until the cover is “out” of the body of the phone. After you are finished, you will definitely need to reattach the cover back to its position. Do the replacing steps from the bottom side, then press the sides until its lock to its place.
Performing a factory reset from settings
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap .
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- On the Reset phone screen, tap Reset phone.
- If you want to permanently delete media and other data on HTC Desire X, tap OK.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.