A master reset restores the original factory settings and will fix common issues. It will erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, contacts stored in the handset memory, etc. Back up all necessary data and contacts on the device memory or Google sync before proceeding.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu Button and select Settings.
- Select Security.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- Select Erase everything.
- The device will dump all of the data and reload.
Key Stroke Method
- Power the device OFF.
- Press and hold the HOME and Back Arrow buttons. While holding these buttons, press the End Call button once. Release the Home and Back Arrow buttons and press the Trackball to execute the Hard Reset.
- The device will reboot once the process is complete.