Common DVR recording issues
- What happens when I run out of recording space? Once the recording space becomes full, the DVR automatically deletes the oldest shows to make space for new recordings. To prevent your DVR from deleting saved shows:
- Select Menu from your remote control.
- Select Recorded TV.
- Choose a program that you want to keep and then select Save Until.
- Can you record shows in high-definition? Yes, you can record shows in HDTV and the steps for recording shows are the same as recording shows in standard definition. HDTV, however, uses a larger amount of your DVR’s memory, and stores fewer hours of taped recordings.
- What if you turn off the television in the middle of a recording? Your DVR bookmarks where you stopped watching the show. When you view the recording again, the program resumes where you left off.