Performing a factory reset from settings
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap .
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you also want to delete media and other data on HTC One, select Erase all data.
- Tap OK.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.