Here is a list of the top best roms for the Galaxy S4 ATT. AOSP (Android Original Source Project) and Touchwiz based. Flashing a new custom rom is a good idea in my opinion because a lot of the times the Dev’s that cook up these roms actually bring in new Android features straight from Google itself or from leaks. The default Samsung Touchwiz rom is just android with Samsungs interface put on top of it and loaded with some bloat apps that eat up battery and are unnecessary. **ALL CREDITS GO TO THE DEVS WHO BRING US THESE WONDERFUL ROMS Flash at your own risk, I have a custom rom running and I am loving the experience. Flashing these will void your warranty, but I don’t care about warranty myself as warranty is only 1 year and it doesn’t cover things like Falls, glass damage or water damage. Those 3 things are more likely to happen to me then a custom rom messing up my phone. If you read instructions you will be just fine. Gotta be rooted first and running ClockworkMod or some other recovery. It’s pretty hard to brick Samsung phones as Odin can recover back to stock original. I’ve flashed an AT&T rom on a T-MObile Galaxy S4 accidentally, and I recovered from that brick just fine. How to Unbrick your AT&T S4 I337 OTA UCUAMF3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2404970 These roms are also said to be compatible with Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, and Virgin. (Not CDMA I believe). **Nearly all Dev’s recommend that you stay at the Android Welcome screen after first boot, so that everything settles.
1. Slim Roms
- The Real Dark Slim
- Notification drawer Shortcuts
- Full hardware key rebinding!
- Keyboard rotation
Here is a message from the LiquidSmooth team
“LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave! While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!”
4. Google Edition 4.3 Rom
- Removed all apps available in the Play Store except for Google Keyboard and Google+
- Removed some Samsung bloat
- Play Store 4.3.10
- Google+ 18.104.22.168854689
- Google Wallet works out-of-the-box
- This ROM uses a Sprint (L720) branded build.prop to make Wallet work out-of-the-box. There should be no problems with using a different branding from the phone you actually have. If you want to rebrand it to AT&T (I337) or Canadian (I337M), flash the attached build.prop but Wallet may stop working.